It would sometimes be a pain to call up Tata Indicom customer care to come home and sort out whats gone wrong with your Internet connection. You can expect them at your doorsteps every morning till you make the payment but do not dream after that.
Remember that since this is a wireless connection, there are very low chances of the signal getting interrupted from the Tata Indicom WiMax station. Nine out of ten the issue would be due to the computer or wireless receiver at your end. How do we check if the signal is being received and the signal has good strength? Please follow the steps below to check it yourself.
- Click “Start” and choose “Run”
- Type telnet 192.168.1.1
- Check if you are able to connect.
- Now provide your default login and password
- Once you are connected do a “sh bs” to check your signal strength
- If your signal is above 17 you should get connected. If it’s above 20 then you are not having problems with the wireless receiver.
- If you are not receiving a signal or the signal is very low, try changing the position of the wireless receiver slowly. You would need another person to help you out on the laptop to check and inform you when the signal increases.
Some times the base station which has been assigned to you is down. In these circumstances, you would have to change the default base station using Tata Indicom software.
Though most of the trouble shooting is simple, it is good to call Tata Indicom WiMax customer support. Hope these would be useful at times when you are in a critical condition.