It would sometimes be a pain to call up Tata Indicom customer care to come home and sort out whats gone wrong with your Internet connection. You can expect them at your doorsteps every morning till you make the payment but do not dream after that.
Remember that since this is a wireless connection, there are very low chances of the signal getting interrupted from the Tata Indicom WiMax station. Nine out of ten the issue would be due to the computer or wireless receiver at your end. How do we check if the signal is being received and the signal has good strength? Please follow the steps below to check it yourself.
- Click “Start” and choose “Run”
- Type telnet 192.168.1.1
- Check if you are able to connect.
- Now provide your default login and password
- Once you are connected do a “sh bs” to check your signal strength
- If your signal is above 17 you should get connected. If it’s above 20 then you are not having problems with the wireless receiver.
- If you are not receiving a signal or the signal is very low, try changing the position of the wireless receiver slowly. You would need another person to help you out on the laptop to check and inform you when the signal increases.
Some times the base station which has been assigned to you is down. In these circumstances, you would have to change the default base station using Tata Indicom software.
Though most of the trouble shooting is simple, it is good to call Tata Indicom WiMax customer support. Hope these would be useful at times when you are in a critical condition.
when i tried to telnet 192.168.1.1 it is showing as follows
“Connecting To 192.168.1.1…Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed”
whats the problem can you clarify………….?
Thank you Janet for the feedback. We will resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Hi, I want to know how can I check signal strength of Dialog WiMax Broad band. can you help me?
I’m having some trouble seeing your blog clearly via the most recent release of Opera. It looks ok in IE6 and Firefox however.
Im using the Tata Indicom wimax with 256 kbps. my download
speed starts from 50 kbps and drops to 5 kbps and remains there. how to improve the download and streaming speed?
Normal browsing is OK.
I too faced the same kind of problem sometime back. To get this issue resolved call up tataindicom customer care and they will guide you further to change the base station.
Danny/Bobby,thanks for the info.But how can i change the base station.what kind of software i have to use ?
My connection icon on bottom right side shows connected and disconnceted from LAN frequenty.I mean the connection is breaking and i doubt its because low signal strength.
Hi Kaushik Deb,
Before you PING , you will have to change the IP, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway for the Network connection (TCP/IP Properties).
Set IP : 192.168.1.2
Set Sub-Net Mask : 255.255.255.0
Set Default Gateway : 192.168.1.1
After changing the Network Connection TCP/IP properties setting with above values:
* please open your BROWSER.
* in the address bar, type http://192.168.1.1 & press enter
* You will see a LOGIN page
* Enter Username : root , password : telsimawl
* After login, select “Antenna Status” from Left menu
* You will see Signal details on right side
PS: Dont edit any settings or values inside this area…until and unless you know what you’re doing.
Hope this helps,
I just got the tata indicom WiMax Connection today. I am trying to telnet 192.168.1.1, but it’s saying port 23 not open. I can ping this ip successfully.