What is Online Plagiarism? How to coupe with it?
Plagiarism is a latin word meaning “Kidnapping”. Plagiarism is copying or stealing material or ideas from another website and publishing in their own website without proper acknowledgement. Plagiarism has become a growing and irresolvable issue recently due to the huge number of online content violations.
Plagiarism differs from copyright infringement as the latter is a violation of copyright holders rights. However, plagiarism is acquiring dishonest credit by using another authors reputed content and claiming false authorship.
How to Avoid Plagiarism
Online, plagiarism is much popular as it involves an easy cut and paste job. This has been a major issue among blogs and forums.
Steps to avoid plagiarism:
- Use an free online tool which can detect and stop plagiarism
- Use a script which can disable right click or copy paste
- Place warning banners on your sites to threaten content stealers
- Once you detect a plagiarism, send a DMCA [Digital Millennium Copyright Act] notice to remove the content
- DMCA can also be sent to the ISP which hosts the website.